Thursday 16 June 2011

Fortune Cookie Moment

Today I was umming and ahhing in my usual indecisive and stressing manner over whether to take a specific action or not in regards to my current state of affairs.  Sick of frustrating and confusing myself, I handed it over to my Box of Fortune Cookies for the answer.

I opened the cookie, hoping for some concise guidance....  'He who climbs a ladder must begin at the first step'. WTF?? Soooo, does that mean that I should take the first step, or is it telling me to wait and begin at the beginning (of the steps), therefore waiting for the step to be put before me by the other??  I refer to a close friend to tell her what the cookie said, we have a bit of a chuckle about how I need a cookie to tell me what that cookie means.

Ok, so I decide to select another fortune cookie to give me further answers.... 'Every wise man started out by asking many questions'. COME ON!!! Please explain?!  No shit I'm asking questions, hence why I'm seeking answers from the cookie! I laugh out loud as I read the second fortune out loud to my friend

But the confusion continues. Is it telling me that I have the wisdom already, or telling me to continue to ask questions??

After starting to really laugh at how hilarious the cookies are and how much they're just confusing me more we agree to JUST GO ONE MORE.  Ok, so I close my eyes and think carefully about which cookie is giving me a 'vibe'. So I select one, and open it... 'STOP IT'. 

I am seriously laughing so hard by this stage that I could hardly spit the words 'STOP IT' out to my friend. We were in absolute peals of laughter, I had tears almost running down my face, I half fell off my chair onto the floor, and was close to pissing my pants we were laughing so hard.

So I finally get the message. Stop the overthinking. Don't make up stories in my head about what it is or isn't. Let it go. Go with the flow.

2 comments:

  1. It really is funny when things like that happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I love this! I laughed so much. I might have to get myself some fortune cookies!

    ReplyDelete